A+ Academy, Early Years and Primary School is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Development Teacher (1 Month- 3 Years)
Duties and Expectations
- Provide responsible care for children
- Have a clear understanding of the needs of all pupils, including those with special educational needs; gifted and talented; EAL (English as an additional language); and/or disabilities; and be able to use and evaluate distinctive teaching approaches to engage and support them all
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and take responsibility for, promoting high standards of literacy including the use of standard spoken English and the teaching of early reading and phonics
- Treat all children with care and compassion
- Uphold all safety standards and understand what safety threats are peculiar to infants and toddlers
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and orderly creche
- Maintain a professional attitude, respecting family privacy at all times
- Prepare nutritional food choices for children and encourage them to try new things
- Provide enriching educational activities
- Lead songs and learning exercises
- Provide structure and accountability in a compassionate fashion
- Help children with toileting/diaper changes as needed
- Design and implement educational, age-appropriate activities
- Encourage children to participate in all activities
- Contact parents as needed to address challenges
- Remain in constant contact with families of children via newsletters, conferences etc.
- Provide many opportunities for children to learn and develop age-appropriate skills
- Exceptional patience and ability to remain calm at all times
- Solid working knowledge of childhood development, especially infants and toddlers
- Creativity, compassion, and professionalism are a must
- Fun and enthusiastic attitude
- Willing to sing, dance, and “be silly” with the children
- Physically able to perform tasks, including sitting on the floor, bending, and standing
- Must be able to lift children weighing up to 15kg regularly
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate activities for very young children
- Experience in maintaining a well-managed classroom, while still meeting the physiological and emotional needs of the children
- University degree in education with early childhood education is preferred. NCE and a degree in a related field are acceptable. PGD/Master degree is highly desirable.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an international standard childcare setting
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
- Computer Literacy
Application Closing Date
31st May 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the money.
- Address Abuja.
- Total Years Experience 5-10